Punjab CM Approves ‘Roshan Gharana’ Solar Initiative

Lahore: Chief Minister (CM) Punjab Maryam Nawaz Sharif has given in-principle approval to the ‘Roshan Gharana’ programme, which aims to provide solar panels to households consuming up to 500 units of electricity. This initiative is because of rising electricity costs and the ongoing energy crisis.

Key Details:

  • Solar Systems Provision: The Punjab government will offer solar systems to millions of consumers using between 50 to 500 units of electricity. The government will cover 90% of the cost, with the remaining 10% to be paid by the consumer.
  • Cabinet Meeting: A formal approval meeting for the ‘Roshan Gharana’ programme is scheduled for Tuesday.
  • Financial Terms: The solar panels will be provided on easy instalments over five years, easing the financial burden on consumers.
  • Focus on Poorest Families: In the first phase, solar systems will be distributed to the poorest families through a transparent process. Instalment amounts will be lower in winter.
  • Government Sole Supplier: The government will be the sole supplier of the panels, and the proportion of government electricity and solar-generated electricity will be based on users’ needs.

CM Maryam Nawaz Sharif stated, “We will not leave people alone in difficult times. We aim to mitigate the impact of past challenges.”

Security Measures:

CM Maryam Nawaz Sharif also chaired a meeting of the provincial Apex Committee, which included the Commander Lahore Corps, Chief Secretary Punjab, IG Police Punjab, and other senior government, intelligence, and military officials. The committee reviewed the province’s security situation and discussed measures for public safety and national security in line with the revised National Action Plan.

Main Points Discussed:

  • Security for Foreign Nationals: Reviewed security arrangements for foreign nationals, including Chinese employees on CPEC and non-CPEC projects.
  • Muharram Security: An elaborate security plan for Muharram was discussed, ensuring peace and harmony through high-tech monitoring and a tiered deployment of security forces.

For more updates, Click Here

Stay tuned with Rabt Marketing

Spread the love